new york city update: day 7

Time sure does fly when you're having fun! I cannot even put into words how damn freezing it is here... also we happened to plan our holiday around the coldest winter in about 10 years in NYC, so think -9 degrees, arctic winds, bitter, bitter cold! So when we're outside it's not too pleasant, especially for poor Bailey, but indoors it's warm and toasty. Can't believe today is Tuesday already.

On Saturday we spent the morning at the Children's Museum of Manhattan – just for baby. It's five floors of themed excitement, there was a Dora the Explorer floor, Mini West Village floor with the "Little Apple Deli" (bless), a reading floor, a playground floor – Bailey loved the slide. So that was fun, and nice to see other parents with their children knowing we're not the only ones bundling her up in layer upon layer for the bracing cold. Saturday night Bailey's Godparents babysat for us (how awesome are they?) so we could go out on a date. We tried to get some shopping in but the stores were closing as it was quite late when we ventured out so we went for dinner at the Hudson Hotel. It's so groovy on the outside and just as awesome on the inside. Raw brick walls, low lighting with the kitchen in the centre of the restaurant and an ordering system where you go up to the kitchen counter with a tray, pick the foods you want and then take it back to your table. I had duck, hubby had steak. And together we drank lots of wine! No driving here :-)

Sunday was a highlight. We visited the Brooklyn Flea market. So much of vintage heaven. I took loads of pics and once I've downloaded them, will do a separate post on the market. It was truly awesome. And beautiful – the market is held in an old bank building.

Yesterday we flew to Atlanta to spend some time with our good friends (Bailey's Godparents), see their hood and their home. This morning we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast – ain't nothing like Southern hospitality ya'll! I had Momma's Pancake Breakfast... couldn't even finish it!

0 comments :: new york city update: day 7