We don't really do resolutions although one thing I'm going to try and commit to doing is buying more bespoke classic pieces for my wardrobe instead of cheap, faddy trends. But what are the classic staples every girl needs in her wardrobe? I don't think I can really stick to the 'white shirt, black blazer' combination.
My list would be:
1. A really hot pair of jeans that make you look and feel awesome (I'm going to make it my mission to find me a pair in NYC in 16 days time!). I like this Citizens of Humanity pair from Net-A-Porter.
2. A little black dress (I feel just one is not enough though, I think every girl should have at least two or three different styles of black dresses to work with). This Christopher Strong dress from their ss 2010 collection will do just fine.
3. A killer pair of black heels (ones that you can actually walk in and that go just as well with your jeans as they do with a gorgeous dress). I think these leather Country Road heels are perfect.
4. A few good-quality cardigans (they can be worn with dresses, skirts, shorts, jeans... the list is endless. I love cardigans!). I like the cardis from Old Khaki.
5. Pretty tops or interesting tops (that's what I call them... I'm trying to move away from just pulling a ribbed vest on when I wear my jeans, it always seems to be the easiest option. But tops with a bit of embellishment, quirky detail or in a smarter fabric can really make you feel that much prettier and grown-up). This grey fleece top from Acne and floral blouse from Paul & Joe Sister are along the lines of what I mean...
Here's to a happy shopping year!